Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lady Gaga Dishes On Born This Way During London Show

During her concert on Friday, the pop star said her upcoming album 'doesn't have a bunch of rock ballads,' confirmed that it will feature 'You and I.'
By James Dinh


Lady Gaga (file)
Photo: Derek Storm/ Splash News

Throughout the year, Lady Gaga has not only talked up her forthcoming album, Born This Way, but she's also previewed a few new tracks that may or may not appear on the release. On songs like "You and I" and "Living on the Radio," Gaga strays from her usual dance-hit formula to explore a more Elton John-esque sound. However, during her recent Monster Ball Tour stop at London's O2 Arena on Friday, the pop star told the roaring audience that the project won't be full of too many piano-driven ballads.

After asking concertgoers if they wanted to hear a new song, Mother Monster said, "Want to hear 'You and I'? This one is going to be on Born This Way. It's one of my favorites. The album doesn't have a bunch of rock ballads or anything, but this is one of them."

Following her chit-chat with the audience, Gaga launched into tune, which finds the singer recalling a reunion with a lover.

"There's something, something about this place/ Something about lonely nights and my lipstick on your face/ Something, something about my cool Nebraska guy/ Yeah something about/ Baby you and I," she sang while pounding away on her piano.

In the midst of her "You and I" performance, the songbird took time to give herself props for the originality and creativity she puts into her material.

"Now I don't know if you know this, but for those of you who don't know, I write all my own music," she announced. "Every single lyric, melody and note was created by me. I am not manufactured. I'm a bad cat and coming for you 'cause I believe in you and I."

Later on in the song, she added, "It's not that I don't like to be humble, it's just that pop music has a pretty bad rap," before indulging in some of her usual impulsive piano antics.

Gaga's Little Monsters can expect to hear even more new tunes as early as February. Just a few weeks ago, she told fan site Lady-Gaga.net that the lead single from Born This Way will be released that month, while comparing the album to "bad kids going to church, having fun on a high level."

What kind of tracks are you looking forward to hear on Born This Way? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Related Photos Related Artists

Coco Lee Nadine Velazquez Kristy Swanson Selita Ebanks Charli Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment