Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beyonce Says She Takes Pregnancy Rumors In Stride

'I just hope that one day, when I decide to be pregnant that people are happy for me,' superstar jokes about year-round bump-watch.
By Jocelyn Vena


Beyoncé
Photo: MTV News

In 2010 alone, Beyoncé was pregnant at least twice, if you believe the rumors.

While the singer shot down the talk both times, she says that at this point she's pretty much to used to people speculating about potential baby bumps. "I mean, it's a part of it. At this point they said I've been pregnant like eight times, so I'm kind of used to it," Beyoncé told MTV News at a screening for her concert DVD, "I Am ... World Tour," in New York City.

"I just hope that one day, when I decide to be pregnant that people are happy for me, 'cause I'm like gosh, like, everyone's like, 'Oh god, please! She's been pregnant 100 times.' One day, hopefully, I will be. So whatever; it's a part of being a celebrity, I guess."

Her mom, Tina Knowles, was also at the screening and when asked if she thought that 2011 might be the year we give up gossiping about Bey's pregnancy status, she played it cool. "You have to ask her those personal things," she said. "I don't know!"

But Tina was also the lady to shoot down the baby-bump rumors last month when she sat down with talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres.

"I heard that, but I'm here to clear the rumors up. The truth is it's not Beyoncé that's pregnant, it's me," she joked. "No, it's not true. Not right now. I'm looking forward to it. With all the rumors, by now I should have about five or six grandchildren."

What do you think of the constant speculation about Bey and a baby bump? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

Emmy Rossum Portia de Rossi Rachel McAdams Mariah Carey Cinthia Moura

No comments:

Post a Comment